Kegerator Review: KC2000SSTWIN EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser

Review of the EdgeStar KC2000SSTWIN Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator


I've had this EdgeStar kegerator for 3 months now. Right out of the box, I had no problems whatsoever. One thing: the tower looks black in pictures, but it is actually chrome and much more attractive in person.

I read other reviews before purchasing this kegerator that stated these units aren't cold enough. Well, the factory must have heard and fixed this problem. When I first plugged it in, I turned it down two clicks shy of the coldest setting and the temperature gage I had in the fridge said 26 degrees! I adjusted it to 32 degrees and it's perfect (f0r my taste, anyway).

I've also seen complaints regarding the door closing and the hose opening on the back being too big. With 2 sixth barrels, the door shuts fine. The CO2 hose coming out of the back is approximately 1/16" smaller than the opening. I wrapped black electrical tape around the hose 2-3 times and now the opening is sealed completely.

Other reviews state that the unit is noisy. Just about every other fridge I've been around makes noise. It's just a small hum every once in awhile. Not a concern in my opinion.

Overall, this is a very attractive unit. I highly recommend the stainless steel door. The only complaint I have (and it's minimal) is the drip tray supplied is a smaller black plastic one. I'll probably order the stainless tray later.

Lastly, it's very easy to assemble. The tower attaches very securely with four screws, washers and nuts. I've heard other kegerator towers twist 1/4 turn and lock in place and I've seen complaints stating that these don't seem real secure. The tower on this unit is very secure.

If you've been considering a kegerator, give this one a close look. I highly recommend it.

Best Uses: Garage, Game Room, Kitchen, Home Bar

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Learn more about the KC2000SS EdgeStar Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment